09 to 13 Harley-Davidson Hidden Hitch With Vertical Receiver
Description● Hitch is hidden with tongue removed ● Chrome plated tongue is removed in seconds by pulling a pin & sliding it out ● Fits 2009-2013 Harley Davidson Touring Models ● Made from high-tensile, strong steel ● Made in the USA ● Bolt-on installation made easy with included instructions & mounting hardware read more
HD0073 – Hidden hitch with vertical receiver for 2009-2013 Harley-Davidson FHL & FLT models
- Hitch is hidden with tongue removed
- Chrome plated tongue is removed in seconds by pulling a pin & sliding it out
- Made from high-tensile, strong steel
- Made in the USA
- Bolt-on installation made easy with included instructions & mounting hardware
There are times when you need to bring some of the comforts from home on the road with you but some things are too large, or too numerous, for the storage on your motorcycle. Installing the HD0073 hidden hitch with vertical receiver on your motorcycle allows you to tow a trailer full of comforts from home.
Removing the chrome-plated tongue is as simple as pulling the retaining pin and the tongue out of the receiver. The black powder coated, high-tensile steel hitch frame stays hidden on the bike without the tongue in place. Although not included with our trailer hitch, we offer our GL18007-C tow ball sold separately.
Maximum recommended tongue weight of the HD0073 hitch is 60 lbs. Maximum recommended tow weight of the HD0073 is 600 lbs. Do not exceed the motorcycle manufacturer maximum axle weight when towing.
NOTE: When installing the HD0073 hidden trailer hitch on 2009-2013 Street Glide or Road Glide Custom models, it is necessary to replace the factory brake / taillight located at the bottom of the rear fender to the slimmer HD007-115 to provide clearance for the HD0074 hitch assembly. A load-leveling resistor may also be required when installing the HD007-115 taillight, so please contact us for more details.
Will installing a trailer hitch void my motorcycle warranty? No, in 1975 the federal government passed a set of laws called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This act states your vehicle warranty cannot be voided or canceled for using any non-original equipment manufacturer (O.E.M.) part or accessory (like our trailer hitch) unless the manufacturer of the vehicle can prove the use of this non-O.E.M. part or accessory caused a failure of any part or parts on the vehicle. We encourage you to research the Magnuson-Moss act then share your findings with your dealer if they tell you installing our trailer hitch or any of our accessories will void your warranty.
What wiring components will I need to purchase to complete the circuit between my motorcycle and my trailer? There are a few possibilities for wiring your HD0073 trailer hitch. The components needed will depend on year, make, and model of your motorcycle and the configuration of your trailer’s wiring. RIVCO offers plug-n-play components that cover all the motorcycle models our trailer hitches fit. Here are three quick steps to help you determine which wiring components you will need:
2. Both four and five wire trailer systems will require the use of our TWC003 isolator/converter. An isolator is like a multi-channel relay pulling power for your trailer lights directly from the motorcycle battery to prevent over-loading your motorcycle tail light wiring.
3. Determine if your trailer is a four or five wire system. The motorcycle models we designed the HD0073 trailer hitch to fit use a five-wire system from the factory. If you have a five-wire trailer system you will set theTWC003 to straight through, and if your trailer is a four-wire trailer system you will set the TWC003 isolator/converter to five to four as per the instruction included with the TWC003.
We understand that trailer wiring can seem complicated and we are here to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us during our business hours via telephone at 262-763-8222 or anytime via email at email@example.com.
Fitment: The HD0073 fits 2009-2013 Harley-Davidson FLH and FLT models.
- 11 lbs
- 16 × 12 × 6 in
Two-Inch 55-watt Halogen Driving Light Kit
Waterproof 30-amp electric relay
HD007-TG-113 – Trailer hitch for 2011-newer Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide and Freewheeler models