RIVCO Aluminum Trailer Hitch for 2012-2017 Honda® GL1800 Gold Wing
Description● Light-weight aluminum hitch assembly weighs less than 8 pounds ● Bolts solidly to motorcycle frame at 8 points ● Does not restrict rear tire removal or motorcycle maintenance ● Tongue is removable and hitch frame stays hidden ● Fits 2012-2017 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing and F6B models read more
GL18007-30 – Aluminum trailer hitch for 2012-newer Honda GL1800 Gold Wing & F6B models
- Light-weight aluminum hitch assembly weighs less than 8 pounds
- Bolts solidly to motorcycle frame at 8 points
- Does not restrict rear tire removal or motorcycle maintenance
- Tongue is removable and hitch frame stays hidden
- Fits 2012-newer Honda GL1800 Gold Wing and F6B models
There are times when you need to bring some of the comforts from home on the road with you but some things are too large, or too numerous, for the storage on your motorcycle. Installing the GL18007-30 hidden hitch on your Gold Wing or F6B allows you to tow a trailer full of comforts from home.
NOTE: The GL18007-30 fits 2012-newer GL1800 Gold Wing and F6B models. To see the trailer hitch designed to fit 2001-2011 GL1800 Gold Wing models see our GL18007-20.
Removing the chrome-plated tongue is as simple as pulling the retaining pin and the tongue out of the receiver. The aluminum hitch frame stays hidden on the bike without the tongue in place. Although not included with our trailer hitch, we offer our GL18007-C tow ball sold separately.
Maximum recommended tongue weight of the GL18007-30 hitch is 60 lbs. Maximum recommended tow weight of the GL18007-30 is 600 lbs. Do not exceed the motorcycle manufacturer maximum axle weight when towing.
Will installing a trailer hitch void my motorcycle warranty? No, in 1975 the federal government passed a set of laws called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This act states your vehicle warranty cannot be voided or canceled for using any non-original equipment manufacturer (O.E.M.) part or accessory (like our trailer hitch) unless the manufacturer of the vehicle can prove the use of this non-O.E.M. part or accessory caused a failure of any part or parts on the vehicle. We encourage you to research the Magnuson-Moss act then share your findings with your dealer if they tell you installing our trailer hitch or any of our accessories will void your warranty.
What wiring components will I need to purchase to complete the circuit between my motorcycle and my trailer? The steps outlined below will help you determine what wiring components you need.
1. You will need our GL18007-38 sub-harness to plug into your factory tail light wiring.
2. Both four-wire and five-wire trailer systems will require the use of our TWC003 isolator/convertor. An isolator is like a multi-channel relay pulling power for your trailer lights directly from the motorcycle battery to prevent over-loading your motorcycle tail light wiring.
3. 2012-newer Gold Wing and F6B models use a five-wire tail light system. Determine if your trailer is a five-wire or four-wire system. If your trailer is a five-wire system you will set the TWC003 to straight through, and if your trailer is a four-wire system, you will set the TWC003 to five-to-four as per the instruction included with the TWC003 .
We understand that trailer wiring can seem complicated and we are here to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us during our business hours via telephone at 262-763-8222 or anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitment: The GL18007-30 fits 2012-newer Honda GL1800 Gold Wing and F6B models.
Hidden search terms: Gold Wing hitch, Goldwing trailer hitch, hidden trailer hitch for GL1800, Honda trailer hitch, GL18007-30, GL1800730, F6B trailer hitch
Checkout this great video from Chris Caliente as he
installs the RIVCO GOLDWING ALUMINUM TRAILER HITCH.
- 15 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions
- 28 × 18 × 5 in
RIVCO Chrome 1-1/4” Highway Mounts with Pegs, 5” long arms
RIVCO Collapsible Parade Flag Pole
RIVCO LED Replacement for H7 halogen Bulbs